Hallo!
Today
climb something easy to find, but something unknown to general audiences, basically a document created in the 80's.
This document is a manifesto, is almost an Our Father for Hackers. Personally I think we all have something Lammas, from the moment of trying to implement a serial or crack for any program, find the IP of our girl, fly pass and others.
Without further ado, I share the Hacker Manifesto, read it and enjoy it!
The Conscience of a Hacker
one got caught today,
's in every newspaper.
"Teenager Arrested in Computer Crime Scandal",
"Hacker arrested after crossing the security barriers of a bank..."
Damn kids. All are equal.
But you, in your three-piece psychology and your technobrain 1950, ever take a look behind the eyes of the hacker?
you ever wonder what made him tick, what forces shaped him, what may have molded him?
I am a hacker, enter my world. . . Mine is a
world that begins with school. . .
I'm smarter than most other kids, this crap they teach us bores me. . .
Damn underachiever. They're all alike.
I'm in high school.
I've listened to teachers explain for the fifteenth time how to reduce a fraction.
I understand.
"No, Ms. Smith, I'm not going to show my work, I made up my mind..."
Damn kid. Probably copied it. All are equal.
Today I made a discovery.
found a computer.
Wait a minute, this is cool. It does what I ask. If a mistake is because I was wrong. Not because
liked. . .
Or feels threatened by me. . .
Or thinks I'm cocky. . .
Or does not like teaching and should not be here. . .
Damn kid. All it does is play. All are equal.
And then it happened. . .
a gateway to the world. . .
Running through the telephone lines
like heroin through an addict's veins, an electronic pulse is sent,
a refuge for incompetence of the day to day is sought. . .
a board is found.
"This is... This is the place where I belong..."
I know everyone here. . .
but I've never met, or talked to them, may never again hear from them again. . .
I know them all. . .
Damn kids. Tying up the phone line again.
All are equal. . . Bet
whatever we are all equal. . .
to us have been fed baby food with a spoon in the school when we hungered for steak. . .
the bits of meat that you did let slip through were pre chewed and tasteless.
We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic.
The few who have something to teach found us willing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert.
This is our world. . .
The world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud.
We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it was not run by profiteering gluttons,
and you call us criminals.
We explore. . .
and you call us criminals.
We seek after knowledge. . .
and you call us criminals.
We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias. . .
and you call us criminals.
You build atomic bombs, you wage wars
,
you murder, cheat and lie to us
and tried to make us believe it was for our sake,
now we're the criminals.
Yes, I am a criminal.
My crime is curiosity.
My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think,
not what they seem.
My crime is that of outsmarting you, something I will never forgive me.
I am a hacker, this is my manifesto.
You may stop this individual, but you can not stop everyone. . .
after all, we are all equal.
+ + + The Mentor + + + 01/08/1986
translation: Gilberto Pagua
Review: Manuel Hernandez
V
0 comments:
Post a Comment